Join us on a tour to experience how glass is made and coated at one of Guardian’s manufacturing facilities. You’ll see first- hand how raw materials like sand and silica are transformed into glass and enhanced with performance coatings that deliver sophisticated benefits for human comfort, sustainability and style.
Date: Friday, March 24, 2023
Time: 11am – 3pm PST
Location: 11535 E Mountain View Ave, Kingsburg, CA 93631
- 7:00am: Meet at Walters and Wolf in La Verne, and disembark for Guardian Kingsburg via tour bus (approximately 3.5hour ride)
- 11:00am: Arrival and check in at Guardian
- 11:00am: Safety instructions for the tour
- 11:00am – 12:30pm: Group 1 Tour; Group 2 presentation
- 12:30pm –2:00pm: Group 2 Tour; Group 1 presentation
- Lunch will be provided for Group 2 while Group 1 tours and vice versa.
- 2:00pm-3:00pm: Refreshments and recap discussion.
- 3pm: Departure
- 7pm: Arrival back to Inland Empire
- Factory tours include exposure to hazardous environments, including high temperatures, uneven walking surfaces, electromagnetic fields, and areas in which CA Prop 65 listed chemicals are used. Individuals with pacemakers, pregnancies, or other medical issues may wish to opt-out. As considerable walking is normally involved- the better part of a mile in total- please let us know upon registration if this will be an issue, as we may be able to provide golf cart transportation in order to accommodate special needs.
- Photography will not be permitted during the tour, though conceptual animations of the float production and coating deposition processes are available on their website. Upon request, Guardian may provide photos of specific parts of the plant following clearance from our leadership.
- Tour must not be attended by employees or close affiliates of competitive companies.
- Aluminum articles, including soda cans, are not permitted within the plant.
- Long-sleeved shirts and full-length pants (no capri pants, shorts, or skirts) as well as rigid, close-toed shoes are required. No tennis shoes. Please let us know upon registration if you do not have rigid close-toed shoes so that we can be sure that a sufficient number of alternative strap-on reinforcement devices are available.
- Safety glasses, yellow safety vests, earplugs, and potentially hardhats and dust masks- all provided by Guardian- will also be required.
Innovation and Technology Meeting:
As a reminder, the YPG Committee now doubles as our Innovation Committee, taking on the task of researching and discussing new ideas, products, services, and technologies pertaining to glazing subcontracting companies to be shared with the broader SCGMA community. Our Innovation Committee Meetings will take place right before every in-person YPG tour event.
We will have our first Technology and Innovation discussion on the bus ride to Guardian. We are inviting you to participate and share your insights.
Due to spacing issues, we are limiting this event to 19 total YPG members. RSVP’s are on a first come, first served basis and the deadline to RSVP is Wednesday, March 15th.
RSVP required. To RSVP, please contact Rowanne Khafagy at email@example.com.
**With a limited attendee count, we want to ensure that we are taking advantage of every spot available to us. If your RSVP has been confirmed and you can no longer make it, you must notify Rowanne Khafagy by Friday, March 17th, so that we may allocate your spot to someone on the waiting list.