“has been beneficial to our company in staying up-to-date with changes happening in our industry and with our union. The association has held seminars and contractor summits that add value to our organization and leadership training. SCGMA is also a very valuable link to many other California construction organizations and gives us access to those resources when needed. We look forward to continuing our involvement and membership with SCGMA.”
– A SCGMA Member Contractor
Some of the many member benefits SCGMA provides includes but is not limited to:
- Negotiations: We offer strength in labor negotiation experience, providing strategic planning and analysis experience in the collective bargaining process.
- Networking: We increase job opportunities, market share, and develop industry relationships with networking possibilities.
- Education/Training: We educate our members on industry topics at no cost or heavily discounted prices.
- Legislative Lobbying/Advocacy: We are actively aware of any bills or amendments that affect our members and our industry.
- Regulatory Compliance Guidance and Advocacy: We reduce the compliance burden for our member’s business with rule and regulation updates.
- Marketing: We provide marketing representation for smaller businesses that do not have a full-time marketing person or staff.
- Additional Association Membership: We automatically include our members to affiliate member associations, including the Painters & Allied Trades Labor Management Cooperation Initiative (LMCI).
SCGMA also provides services and resources that benefit contractors and the industry:
- Labor relations and general research assistance
- Access to the business-to-business referral database
- A platform for input in the Collective Bargaining Agreement
- A free 30-minute phone consultation with our legal counsel
- Marketing opportunities through the SCGMA website and end-user outreach
- Free labor posters and packets from the U.S. Department of Labor and Cal Chamber
- Updates on legislation and regulations that affect the industry and individual businesses
- Weekly e-newsletters with industry news, legislative updates, and other useful information
- Industry involvement and leadership opportunities as an SCGMA Board of Director or a member of an SCGMA sub-committee
Please join us in attending our upcoming Annual General Membership Meeting. Date: Thursday, August 19, 2021 Time: 7:00 am – 7:25 am PST Location: via Zoom The tentative agenda for this meeting will include: Man Hours Trust Fund Reports H&W…
Part of the day to day work of the IUPAT includes building relationships with like minded organizations within the industries that we represent. These relationships can serve a number of purposes, but are primarily focused on raising the standards within…
Tim Bormann Presents SCGMA’s Supervisor/Foreman Jobsite Safety Awareness Workshop Thank you for joining us in learning more about the responsibilities of jobsite safety and awareness. Topics covered during this program included: -Health and safety responsibilities at the…
The use of standard framing systems in the glazing business is quite common, but when designers use those systems in unconventional ways to create visual interest in their buildings, it can also provide some installation challenges. In this…
SCGMA is pleased to announce that Dean George, a specialist in the commercial glass and new construction industry, is the presenter for our upcoming virtual course, Blueprint Reading. Course Description Join us to learn more or refresh your knowledge…
In what’s been a dramatic and confusing series of events regarding COVID-19 workplace standards, today, the Cal/OSHA Standards Board adopted revisions to the COVID-19 Emergency Temporary Standard and the Governor issued an Executive Order ensuring the changes go into effect…
Cal/OSHA is reminding all employers to protect outdoor workers from heat illness as excessive heat watches have been issued throughout California. The temperature is forecast to exceed 100 degrees in many parts of the state this week. Employers in California…
CEO- Deveney Pula, SCGMA
SCGMA Lobbyist- Eddie Bernacchi, The Politico Group
SCGMA Lobbyist- Bret Barrow, The Politico Group
Technical Consultant- Dan Romine, Vantage LLC
Safety Consultant- Timothy Bormann, The Cohen Group
My experiences and the good years the glazing industry has provided me and my family are what compel me to take on the challenges and successes of being a part of the Southern California Glass Management Association. It provides me with the platform to give back to our industry.
Our goal is to serve contractors’ needs through advocacy, forward thinking strategies, and innovation. It is the dedication and enthusiasm of contractors that will help drive this organization and provide the success to our strategies. We need to work as a team to set the standards for the industry, to mentor our future leaders, and to advocate in one collective voice.
I look forward to working with you all as we continue building Southern California Glass Management Association to be an organization that gives back to our members’ businesses and the industry.