“has been beneficial to our company in staying up-to-date with changes happening in our industry and with our union. The association has held seminars and contractor summits that add value to our organization and leadership training. SCGMA is also a very valuable link to many other California construction organizations and gives us access to those resources when needed. We look forward to continuing our involvement and membership with SCGMA.”
– A SCGMA Member Contractor
What We Do
Some of the many member benefits SCGMA provides includes but is not limited to:
- Negotiations: We offer strength in labor negotiation experience, providing strategic planning and analysis experience in the collective bargaining process.
- Networking: We increase job opportunities, market share, and develop industry relationships with networking possibilities.
- Education/Training: We educate our members on industry topics at no cost or heavily discounted prices.
- Legislative Lobbying/Advocacy: We are actively aware of any bills or amendments that affect our members and our industry.
- Regulatory Compliance Guidance and Advocacy: We reduce the compliance burden for our member’s business with rule and regulation updates.
- Marketing: We provide marketing representation for smaller businesses that do not have a full-time marketing person or staff.
- Additional Association Membership: We automatically include our members to affiliate member associations, including the Painters & Allied Trades Labor Management Cooperation Initiative (LMCI).
SCGMA also provides services and resources that benefit contractors and the industry:
- Labor relations and general research assistance
- Access to the business-to-business referral database
- A platform for input in the Collective Bargaining Agreement
- A free 30-minute phone consultation with our legal counsel
- Marketing opportunities through the SCGMA website and end-user outreach
- Free labor posters and packets from the U.S. Department of Labor and Cal Chamber
- Updates on legislation and regulations that affect the industry and individual businesses
- Weekly e-newsletters with industry news, legislative updates, and other useful information
- Industry involvement and leadership opportunities as an SCGMA Board of Director or a member of an SCGMA sub-committee
SCGMA 2023 Employment Law Updates WebinarMarch 20, 2023
With a new year comes new employment laws. Join us for an overview of 2023 Employment Law Updates. Our presenter, Shauna Correia, Esq., will highlight recent developments and changes to employment law pertinent to subcontractors in SoCal. Date: Wednesday, April…
SCGMA YPG Estimating Course – Small Sized ProjectMarch 20, 2023
Cost estimating is one of the most important steps in project management. In this beginner’s course, Dan Romine, an expert in the glazing management field, will provide a step by step guide on estimating a small sized project at each…
NLRB Imposes Broad Restrictions On Severance AgreementsMarch 3, 2023
On February 21, 2023, the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB or the Board) in McLaren Macomb (372 NLRB No. 58) held that severance agreements containing broad non-disparagement and confidentiality provisions are unlawful under the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA or…
OSH Appeals Board Decision in Heat Illness Prevention Case Adds Clarity to Provision of Water Requirements
Sacramento—The Department of Industrial Relations’ Occupational Safety and Health Appeals Board (OSHAB) has issued a precedential decision regarding the provision of water at outdoor worksites, affirming that it must be as close as practicable to the areas where employees are…
2023 National Glazing Infrastructure & Workforce Development Forum
Join to learn how IUPAT Training and its workforce is making the difference in building a 21st century infrastructure. Experience first-hand how the IUPAT is leading the construction trades in education, skills and safety training to rebuild our infrastructure. Featuring…
SCGMA YPG Q1 Tour – Guardian Glass Tour
Join us on a tour to experience how glass is made and coated at one of Guardian’s manufacturing facilities. You’ll see first- hand how raw materials like sand and silica are transformed into glass and enhanced with performance coatings that…
BEC Conference 2023
SCGMA is hosting a dinner on Sunday, March 5 at 7:30 PM for members that are attending the 2023 BEC Conference held on March 5 – March 7 at Caesars palace in Las Vegas. BEC is welcoming all past leaders…
CEO- Deveney Pula, SCGMA
Legislative Consultant- Eddie Bernacchi, The Politico Group
Legislative Consultant- Bret Barrow, The Politico Group
Technical Consultant- Dan Romine, Vantage LLC
Safety Consultant- Timothy Bormann, The Cohen Group
My experiences and the good years the glazing industry has provided me and my family are what compel me to take on the challenges and successes of being a part of the Southern California Glass Management Association. It provides me with the platform to give back to our industry.
Our goal is to serve contractors’ needs through advocacy, forward thinking strategies, and innovation. It is the dedication and enthusiasm of contractors that will help drive this organization and provide the success to our strategies. We need to work as a team to set the standards for the industry, to mentor our future leaders, and to advocate in one collective voice.
I look forward to working with you all as we continue building Southern California Glass Management Association to be an organization that gives back to our members’ businesses and the industry.