“has been beneficial to our company in staying up-to-date with changes happening in our industry and with our union. The association has held seminars and contractor summits that add value to our organization and leadership training. SCGMA is also a very valuable link to many other California construction organizations and gives us access to those resources when needed. We look forward to continuing our involvement and membership with SCGMA.”
– A SCGMA Member Contractor
Some of the many member benefits SCGMA provides includes but is not limited to:
- Negotiations: We offer strength in labor negotiation experience, providing strategic planning and analysis experience in the collective bargaining process.
- Networking: We increase job opportunities, market share, and develop industry relationships with networking possibilities.
- Education/Training: We educate our members on industry topics at no cost or heavily discounted prices.
- Legislative Lobbying/Advocacy: We are actively aware of any bills or amendments that affect our members and our industry.
- Regulatory Compliance Guidance and Advocacy: We reduce the compliance burden for our member’s business with rule and regulation updates.
- Marketing: We provide marketing representation for smaller businesses that do not have a full-time marketing person or staff.
- Additional Association Membership: We automatically include our members to affiliate member associations, including the Painters & Allied Trades Labor Management Cooperation Initiative (LMCI).
SCGMA also provides services and resources that benefit contractors and the industry:
- Labor relations and general research assistance
- Access to the business-to-business referral database
- A platform for input in the Collective Bargaining Agreement
- A free 30-minute phone consultation with our legal counsel
- Marketing opportunities through the SCGMA website and end-user outreach
- Free labor posters and packets from the U.S. Department of Labor and Cal Chamber
- Updates on legislation and regulations that affect the industry and individual businesses
- Weekly e-newsletters with industry news, legislative updates, and other useful information
- Industry involvement and leadership opportunities as an SCGMA Board of Director or a member of an SCGMA sub-committee
The evolution of the glazing industry has led to an expanded scope of work performed by the glaziers to include other façade finishes or assemblies. Beyond economies of scale, a major reason for this development is to have fewer subcontractors…
Date: Friday, December 8, 2023 Time: 10am – 1pm PST Location: 301 N Ponderosa Ave, Ontario, CA, 91761 Save the Date! More Information TBD. RSVP required. To RSVP, please contact Rowanne Khafagy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join us to learn more about glass and glazing through an immersive hands-on learning experience at our Apprenticeship facility in Commerce. At this event, participants will be able to collaborate with our apprentices as they build modified storefront, curtainwall, and…
Join us to learn more about Association happenings – trust fund updates, industry updates, man hour updates, and more. Date: Thursday, August 24, 2023 Time: 3:00pm – 3:30pm Location: via Zoom Tentative agendas for these Open Sessions may include: Glazing Work…
California State Legislature has crossed the midway point of the 2022 Legislative Session. Legislators had until June 2nd to move legislation out of their house of origin. Bills that did not clear that hurdle must be shelved for the year….
On Friday, July 7th, the SCGMA Young Professionals Group held their second quarterly event of 2023 – a tour to Kawneer. Young professionals from SCGMA contractor businesses joined the tour at Kawneer’s manufacturing facility in Visalia. We kicked off the…
This 2 part webinar series on Construction Contracts will provide an overview on construction contracts and means to mitigate risks for contractors and subcontractors engaging in public and private works. Join our part 2 webinar on Private Works Remedies presented…
CEO- Deveney Pula, SCGMA
Legislative Consultant- Eddie Bernacchi, The Politico Group
Legislative Consultant- Bret Barrow, The Politico Group
Technical Consultant- Dan Romine, Vantage LLC
Safety Consultant- Timothy Bormann, The Cohen Group
My experiences and the good years the glazing industry has provided me and my family are what compel me to take on the challenges and successes of being a part of the Southern California Glass Management Association. It provides me with the platform to give back to our industry.
Our goal is to serve contractors’ needs through advocacy, forward thinking strategies, and innovation. It is the dedication and enthusiasm of contractors that will help drive this organization and provide the success to our strategies. We need to work as a team to set the standards for the industry, to mentor our future leaders, and to advocate in one collective voice.
I look forward to working with you all as we continue building Southern California Glass Management Association to be an organization that gives back to our members’ businesses and the industry.