“has been beneficial to our company in staying up-to-date with changes happening in our industry and with our union. The association has held seminars and contractor summits that add value to our organization and leadership training. SCGMA is also a very valuable link to many other California construction organizations and gives us access to those resources when needed. We look forward to continuing our involvement and membership with SCGMA.”
– A SCGMA Member Contractor
Some of the many member benefits SCGMA provides includes but is not limited to:
- Negotiations: We offer strength in labor negotiation experience, providing strategic planning and analysis experience in the collective bargaining process.
- Networking: We increase job opportunities, market share, and develop industry relationships with networking possibilities.
- Education/Training: We educate our members on industry topics at no cost or heavily discounted prices.
- Legislative Lobbying/Advocacy: We are actively aware of any bills or amendments that affect our members and our industry.
- Regulatory Compliance Guidance and Advocacy: We reduce the compliance burden for our member’s business with rule and regulation updates.
- Marketing: We provide marketing representation for smaller businesses that do not have a full-time marketing person or staff.
- Additional Association Membership: We automatically include our members to affiliate member associations, including the Painters & Allied Trades Labor Management Cooperation Initiative (LMCI).
SCGMA also provides services and resources that benefit contractors and the industry:
- Labor relations and general research assistance
- Access to the business-to-business referral database
- A platform for input in the Collective Bargaining Agreement
- A free 30-minute phone consultation with our legal counsel
- Marketing opportunities through the SCGMA website and end-user outreach
- Free labor posters and packets from the U.S. Department of Labor and Cal Chamber
- Updates on legislation and regulations that affect the industry and individual businesses
- Weekly e-newsletters with industry news, legislative updates, and other useful information
- Industry involvement and leadership opportunities as an SCGMA Board of Director or a member of an SCGMA sub-committee
Join us to learn about CA Prevailing Wage laws – a brief overview of what it is, any changes to the law, common errors contractors make and how to best comply. We will also review the expansion of skilled and…
California has enacted a new bereavement leave requirement into law, effective January 1, 2023. The new law requires employers with five or more employees, including those covered by a collective bargaining agreement, to provide up to five days of unpaid…
Governor Newsom has signed AB 152 (Committee on Budget) which implements the COVID-19 Supplemental Paid Sick Leave Relief Grant Program for which the industry strongly advocated. Securing funding and launching this program is a major achievement. The new law establishes…
In its 10th year, Facades+ continues to bring together the world’s most talented building professionals. Here are some of the themes we’ll explore at Facades+ Los Angeles: Classical Performance Through Modern Computation Drawdown: The Decarbonization and…
On Friday, September 9th, the SCGMA Young Professionals Group held their third quarterly event of 2022 – a tour of Merit Aluminum. Several YPG members from various SCGMA contractor businesses joined to learn more about finishing extruders – how they’re…
Join us for a quick 30 minute webinar on “Making Glass Come to Life: The Principles of Glass Selection”. Presenter: Reece Poth, Guardian Glass Presentation Overview: The presentation reviews the foundations of glass selection and explores options for meeting both…
Governor Newsom has recently signed AB 2188, which prohibits employers from discriminating in hiring, firing or setting conditions of employment based upon a person’s use of cannabis away from the workplace; or, an employer-required drug screening test that has found…
CEO- Deveney Pula, SCGMA
Legislative Consultant- Eddie Bernacchi, The Politico Group
Legislative Consultant- Bret Barrow, The Politico Group
Technical Consultant- Dan Romine, Vantage LLC
Safety Consultant- Timothy Bormann, The Cohen Group
My experiences and the good years the glazing industry has provided me and my family are what compel me to take on the challenges and successes of being a part of the Southern California Glass Management Association. It provides me with the platform to give back to our industry.
Our goal is to serve contractors’ needs through advocacy, forward thinking strategies, and innovation. It is the dedication and enthusiasm of contractors that will help drive this organization and provide the success to our strategies. We need to work as a team to set the standards for the industry, to mentor our future leaders, and to advocate in one collective voice.
I look forward to working with you all as we continue building Southern California Glass Management Association to be an organization that gives back to our members’ businesses and the industry.